Bed Bug Treatment Prep
BED BUG TREATMENT PREP SHEET INFORMATION
- All sheets, bedding materials, and pillows should be laundered and then placed in
plastic trash bags. This will reduce bed bug migration into nearby rooms.
- Sheets, pillows, and clothes stored under the bed (or in a dresser) can be washed
in soap and hot water. Bedspreads, covers and other items that cannot be
washed should be dried in a dry and high temperature for 45 minutes (Please
read the washing instructions on clothes to ensure the item will not be
- Drapesshouldbebaggedbeforemovingfrom an infested room. Remove them
from the bag and dry them atthehighesttemperaturefor45minutes.
- Everythingshouldbepickedoffthefloorsofeachroom that will be treated.
Clothes should be laundered with hot water and dried at high temperatures for
- Place any items that can not be washed into plastic bags. They should be sealed
for 2-4 weeks.
possibly treated. Blankets, throw pillow, should be bagged and dried at high
temperature for 45minutes.
- Vacuum thoroughly under cushions and into the cracks around the furniture and
- Vacuum carpeting and floor thoroughly; spend extra time along the baseboards.
Usethenarrow vacuum attachments so you can clean into the cracks and
- Disposeofthevacuum bag immediately. Place the vacuum bag into a sealed bag
and place it in a dumpster or trash receptacle away from your home. If you have a
products have had time to dry (usually 3-5 hours).
- Move all furniture (in rooms that will be treated) at least 24 inches away from the
walls to allow the technician easy access to baseboards.
- Birds, dogs, cats, and other pets need to be removed from the home and taken to
another location until the treatment has had time to dry (Usually 3-5
hours). Aquariums should have the air pump disconnected and the top covered by
a moist towel. Saltwater tanks should be removed from the premises as the air
pump cannot be disconnected.